More To The Mind Than Meets The Personality

Saturday, September 05, 2009

A halt in the parade

Time is passing as a parade of minutes continue their march, diminishing in the distance. Once they are gone, you can take off and chase after them; but you'll soon get tired and realize there are newer and bigger sights to take hold. I slipped into some of my old files and briefly spotted some pictures of the last 4 years. A hint of nostalgia set in, but I soon squashed it so as to keep my spirits high and my sights set on my extremely happy future. But yet, it made me think how in the blink of an eye, everything can and will change: for you and those you've loved. You can only really give life your best shot and try-fail-adjust to never give up.

I'm in love. A simple, smart, beautiful, uncomplicated, secure, sexy, charming, giving, enamored, fun-loving, ambitiously lazy, warm, open, comical, and easy going woman. I had a feeling the rush of emotion as such would come over me, but I didnt realize what it could do to me. Love does take over your senses, your will, ALL of your emotions, and all of your decisions. It instills a longing for more, and a guilt when it is shied from. It makes you want to and actually do crazy things, all in hopes of a true love that we have all dreamed of.

I never thought that I would fall for another woman again, but sometimes you cannot be the one to decide that. You just have to let life bring its blessings and challenges. It is how you react to it that will determine what you get out of it. If you trod off the beaten path, you may get lost. But if you can endure and push through, then the greener fields will soon be discovered and a promised-land of sorts is yours. There is always good in everything with the right mentality.

And just to think, I would have been an engaged man this month had life not been so fickle.

Thank God for the lessons we learn in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home