More To The Mind Than Meets The Personality

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A reason and a "why" of mine.

I just happened to stumble across this Myspace blog that my brother wrote in his steps towards graduating High School and transitioning into the real world. It truly touched me, knowing that him and I are a part of a bigger cause, and reminds me why I do what I do every single day. There are men in this world that inspire me, but none more so than my little brother who has chosen to step out of the crowd and be the bearer of the highest standards among his peers. He is going to win big time in this life and I couldn't be more proud of him. Watch what happens 5 years from now when the Nangle boys conquer the world, Together. Don't worry, we won't let you down.

It reads:
In honor of Manuel. Current mood: energetic
After seeing my friend Manuel's new blog, I suddenly became inspired to write my own.I can honestly say that I cannot recognize myself from my freshman year. I have changed so much in my thinking, my attributes, and my life. To think that I could grow up into such a man, far greater than my parent's expectations makes me feel amazing.I have always strived to be better than average; having better than the average person; however, not materialistic. I know my morals and ideals and practice them daily, holding true to the musings that help me live life in the greatest way possible. Almost about to graduate with honors from Colonial H.S. and very close to graduating from Valencia after just turning 18 years old, I feel very accomplished with my life. I feel even more accomplished following my elders influence as well. For example, I have always looked up to my brother because I know he will be successful one day. I have copied the way he acts, the way he thinks, and even some quotes from his blogs!

But you know what, following the greatest people in life will reap the rewards. I have already started seeing results in the way I talk to people. I have let negativety go and hardly let anyone get to me anymore. I can't remember the last time a friend upset me, other than my girlfriend; however, this is natural. I've learned how to manage my time more efficiently in a way I can accomplish more in a day, and I have fun doing it. I enjoy life day by day and rarely encounter boredom. I think my biggest accomplishment is agreeing to be apart of business, but you want to know why? I trust my brother. I simply love my brother and I think he is the best role model in the world. He knows what he wants and tackles his dreams one step at a time. He has structure in his life and I as well. Having structure in life grants great benefits. "Proper structure proceeds predictable results" and I know this affirmation will be in my life for a very long while. I have been able to structure my life so much that I would bet anyone could not match me. I know exactly what I want in life, and if I don't want something, I'll show it. Having synthesized my elders and observed closely, I know the mistakes I need to avoid. For example, drinking and smoking, two of the most addicting forms of stress-relieving aids; however, I know how to relieve stress and do not need to fit in with others to screw up my life. If anyone wants to try to persuade me to do something, that person will debate with me for hours, possibly even weeks before that person starts to understand they have an addiction.

To me, having a life is a blessing. Seeing hundreds of people dieing of stupid mistakes makes me think about the repercussions of those actions and that leaves a lasting impression. I don't give into peer pressure very easily, and if I do, it creates more of a benefit than a defecit. I tend to stay out of drama in school as I think it is incredibly childish. People can think what they believe, but I can honestly say I have made more friends by staying out of it than I would have made creating it. In less than three weeks, High School ends for me and the real world is coming, but I am incredibly prepared for what is coming towards me. I know what I want, I don't let others influence me unless they will benefit me, and I know the mistakes of others. I am going to take classes this summer at VCC while enjoying the summer at various clinics and camps for percussion, making some money part time at Red Lobster as a server. During the fall, I start the marching knights at UCF, in the winter, I start Timber Creek Independent Winter Drumline, and next summer, the most exciting thing to happen to me, Drum Corps. I am also fired up about the business I will be generating over this time period. With Manny running with me to the top, I will enjoy this year with a new great friend. After high school ends, many of the people that will read this I will not talk to, and that's fine. We all have different goals in life. Those that stick around will be the ones I cherish in life. Having said all of that, I'm most definitely on the road to success and for those who don't believe me, I will see you five years down the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home